Who's Behind NM?

My photo
Nature Manipulated (NM) creates visual, wearable and practical art that reflects upon nature and all of its elements. At NM, we believe that everything is a part of nature, some things are just "nature manipulated."

NM specializes in one-of-a-kind handcrafted jewelry, handmade greeting cards, nature photography and other unique accessories.

To read more about who's behind NM, please click here.
join our mailing list
* indicates required

Some of the people who love NM

Grab my button





NM is a Proud Member of the Following Teams

Photobucket

Photobucket

Square Av


Join Artfire

ArtFire - Buy Handmade - Sell Handmade

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Who's Behind Nature Manipulated

My name is Michelle and I am the owner/designer of Nature Manipulated. I started taking arts classes at a young age and continued my art studies at LaGuardia High School of Music, Art and Performing Arts. After completing high school, I began going to a small art college. Shortly after starting, I felt like I was loosing my passion for the arts. It was becoming a chore, or rather, homework. I took a break from creating things, although my love for photography never ceased. I continued taking pictures. After several years, I started dabbling again with my colored pencils and paints. (colored pencils were my favorite in high school.) Then, approximately five years ago, I bought a pair of earrings at a small NYC boutique. I couldn't really afford them but I REALLY wanted them. After looking at them for awhile I realized I could make a pair just like it. The next day I went to a bead store, and having no prior jewelry making experience, I began making jewelry. Four years later, after marveling over tons of handmade greeting cards on Etsy, I decided to start playing with paper and making my own cards - something I often did until the age of twelve. You can read about why I stopped in my blog post "Something I Did as a Child I Will Always Remember". Today, I regularly create handcrafted jewelry, handmade greeting cards, bookmarks, napkin rings and more. I also write about other handmade artists/designers on my blog and try and share helpful selling tips with my readers. I really enjoy creating things again and enveloping myself in the artsy world. I am glad that my childhood passion did not fade away forever. Sometimes when you take a little break, you come back stronger.

Nature Manipulated (NM) creates visual, wearable and practical art that reflects upon nature and all of its elements. At NM, we believe that everything is a part of nature, some things are just "nature manipulated."

NM specializes in one-of-a-kind handcrafted jewelry, handmade greeting cards, nature photography and other unique accessories.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails