Let us old-timers help the newbies out. Let's answer some of their questions. Let's define some acronyms for them, teach them how to post a link, and offer them some useful advice. Most of all, let's check out their shops and offer them encouragement, feedback and maybe even sales.
The other night I decided it would be a great idea to pick four new Etsy shops (shops opened after October 2007 and with less than ten sales) every week and allow the shop owners to ask their questions. It will be up to us old-timers to answer them (in the comments). After posting a thread calling all newbies that fit this criteria, I checked out all the shops posted and picked the ones I liked the most.
Here are the shops I chose and their questions...
rathina - Great light switch plate covers!
1. Would my shop get more sales if I offered international shipping?
2. What are the pros and cons of international shipping?
3. Is there some sort of guide for those who are new to international shipping?
Retablos' shop is full of wonderful retablo paintings.
According to Retablos, "In Mexican iconography a retablo carries special prayers and wishes to God. A familiar retablo painting (on wood or tin) would have someone who is ill lying in bed beseeching the Virgin Mary for intercession to regain their health."
1. What have you found to be the most effective avenue for promoting your shop?
Silver Moon Handcrafted Jewelry
1. What are some of the major changes (negative and positive) that you've experienced being on etsy from it's early years to the present?
2. Was it easier then to be successful as compared to now?
Lunar River Jewelry
What is the one promotional tool that you feel has helped you the most?
ETSY OLD-TIMERS, PLEASE POST ANSWERS TO THE NEWBIES' QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS.
BnR - Buy and Replace
SS - Secret Shopper
BKO - Buy and Kick Off
How to post a link on Etsy
Type the full URL out including http://
When typing your Etsy shop address DO NOT put www
"Etsy Newbies Ask Their Questions" will be hosted every week.