Who's Behind NM?

My photo
Nature Manipulated (NM) creates visual, wearable and practical art that reflects upon nature and all of its elements. At NM, we believe that everything is a part of nature, some things are just "nature manipulated."

NM specializes in one-of-a-kind handcrafted jewelry, handmade greeting cards, nature photography and other unique accessories.

To read more about who's behind NM, please click here.
join our mailing list
* indicates required

Some of the people who love NM

Grab my button





NM is a Proud Member of the Following Teams

Photobucket

Photobucket

Square Av


Join Artfire

ArtFire - Buy Handmade - Sell Handmade

Saturday, June 14, 2008

What Does Success Mean To Me? What Does It Mean To You?

Suc.cess
Pronunciation: \sək-ˈses\
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin successus, from succedere

1. obsolete : outcome, result
2. a) degree or measure of succeeding b) favorable or desired outcome; c) the attainment of wealth, favor, or eminence
3. one that succeeds

What makes a person successful?

A person is successful when they achieve what they set out to do. Every person sets their own goals and goes about achieving them in their own way. Success is subjective. Some people consider having money and/or a good job being successful. Other people consider having a life full of happiness being successful. There are people who think making it through each day makes them successful. It all depends on the situation a person is in and the objectives they set for themselves.

For me, I consider myself successful. Not because I have or have achieved any one thing but because I have many things and have achieved many things, all of which contribute to my overall happiness. My success comes from building a strong personality, overcoming obstacles and staying on my feet. Sometimes I get knocked down but I pick myself right back up and keep trying. I don't give up and that makes me successful. There are hurdles in life, for everyone, and a successful person is able to jump over them, learn from them and keep on moving in the direction of choice.

There's no quantitative measure for success. You can make a million dollars a year and live everyday as a miserable person. That's not success. Well it is economically, if you think about average incomes but if you think about your life, what are you really succeeding at? Being miserable? I guess if that's your goal, you've succeeded.

Success in business - to me, it's not about the money. It's about the joy you get doing what you do. If you're not happy doing it, you're not successful. I'm successful in my business because I like creating things and I can find people who understand the joy my creations bring, and it gives me pleasure to know that my work will bring others pleasure. In my mind, that is success.

What does success mean to you?

3 comments:

Delice said...

Great and refreshing insight into success. Thanks for sharing:)

Giulia Mauri said...

Absolutly! Agree with your vision. Nice to read about this things! Lovely blog, Lovely shop!
Giulia (Julia)

storybeader said...

success for me sounds like you, being happy with yourself and enjoying your time on earth.

Related Posts with Thumbnails