Who's Behind NM?

My photo
Nature Manipulated (NM) creates visual, wearable and practical art that reflects upon nature and all of its elements. At NM, we believe that everything is a part of nature, some things are just "nature manipulated."

NM specializes in one-of-a-kind handcrafted jewelry, handmade greeting cards, nature photography and other unique accessories.

To read more about who's behind NM, please click here.
join our mailing list
* indicates required

Some of the people who love NM

Grab my button





NM is a Proud Member of the Following Teams

Photobucket

Photobucket

Square Av


Join Artfire

ArtFire - Buy Handmade - Sell Handmade

Thursday, July 31, 2008

What Does the Color Blue Mean to You?

What does the color blue symbolize? To me, it represents an array of emotions. Generally, when one thinks of feeling blue, they think of being down, maybe sad. I use that term and understand the meaning, although sometimes when I think of blue, I also think of happiness. I think of the sky, the ocean, spring and summer days, and all the great things you can do when everything is blue.

Earlier today, I wasn't feeling to well and I was kind of out of it. I thought to myself, "I'm feeling blue." I guess I was. Then when I returned home from work, I looked through my shop, posted some new items and realized how many blue items I had. I looked at them closely and thought, "These blues, they make me happy." That's when I started pondering what exactly it is the color blue symbolizes.

What does it mean to you? What do you think of when you think of the color blue?


Share your feelings in the comments.

7 comments:

Sandra Williams said...

I, too, think of the sky, beach and the feeling of contentment.

Beautiful jewelry!

storybeader said...

when I used to see blue, I would immediately think of the ocean. I love water. But nowadays, I think of turquoise and jewelry designs. Funny how that has changed.

tattytiara said...

I think of blue as the most elemental color there is. Sky and sea. It's the last colour seen by the eye, and that makes sense. It's the breath in our landscapes.

Bella McBride said...

I think of coolness when I think of blue. Refreshing, calming and cool. But Pink? Don't get me started! Pink's the colour that gets my heart racing! Pink's my happy colour.

Anonymous said...

Someone asked me once, in an interview for a feature what my favorite color is. At first I thought that I could not answer because I really like all colors in different ways. Then I started looking through my supplies. Lo and behold, BLUE is what I have the most of and it is often the color I use when creating!

Unfortunately, these past few years have been trying to say the least, and BLUE has an additional meaning to "our" lives.

My step-Nana's eye's were the bluest of blue, almost like ice blue. Beautiful, and often discussed as they were inherited many times over.

kim* said...

turquoise always wins my heart.

claire said...

I just came across your etsy and blog--beautiful work!

for me, blue is very serene and relaxing. i like to pair it with soft greens to enhance that aspect and not let it be a sad color.

Related Posts with Thumbnails