Bonnie of Artfire's Allegheny Hearth Soaps has been making soap since 1979 - 31 years. She is a self taught artisan and takes advantage of every opportunity to learn all aspects of soap making. She reads books, attends classes and conferences. She also belongs to organizations dedicated to the advancement of the craft and regularly exchanges ideas with other soap makers. Bonnie is always looking to learn and always willing to pass on the things she has learned.
Bonnie lives in the Allegheny Mountains in Pennsylvania atop a hill on five wooded acres. Her inspiration comes from the abundance of nature around her - the trees, flowers, her garden, and all their wonderful scents.
When Bonnie started out making soap she was limited to what her local grocery store sold. Now, thanks to the advent of the internet, Bonnie is able to purchase the finest ingredients. Her cold process soaps are fragrant with shea, mango and cocoa butters; coconut, palm, avocado oils and more, and these scents extend to the powders, balms, salts and other bath and body products in her shop.
While you are looking around Bonnie's shop, take advantage of her special offer - $1 off your purchase with coupon code BonnieBuck. Also, to keep up with Bonnie you can visit her on facebook.
For a chance to win this week's giveaway:
Mandatory: Visit SoapSmith, come back to this blog post (not facebook) and post your favorite item and email address in the comments section of this post.
Additional chances to win (leave a separate comment with your email address for each entry):
1) Tweet the giveaway and post a link to your tweet in the comments below - 1 extra entry (once daily)
You may tweet the following: Win a set of 3 #handmade gemstone glycerin soaps @ http://bit.ly/dq6zD9 ~ US contestants only. ~ @NMGiveaway #artfire #giveaway
2) Blog about the giveaway and post a link to your blog post in the comments below - 1 extra entry
3) Add one of my ad buttons (left hand sidebar) to your blog or website and post a link to your site in the comments - 1 extra entry
4) Join Nature Manipulated's mailing list (by doing this you agree to receive a monthly newsletter from NM)- 1 extra entry
5) Follow my blog publicly via Friend Connect - 1 extra entry
6) Purchase an item from the featured shop and post a link to the item you purchased (transaction link) - 5 extra entries
ENTRIES WITHOUT CONTACT INFORMATION WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE GIVEAWAY. (Email address, Etsy username and Artfire username accepted. If your Blogger profile links to your email or shop, that is acceptable too. Leave contact info for each entry. Tip: When leaving your email do not use the @ and . symbols, instead spell out AT and DOT.)
Entries for this giveaway will be accepted through Sunday, April 4, 2010, 11:59pm Eastern Time. I will notify the winner via email and the winner will have 48 hours to respond before I choose a new winner.
This giveaway is open to U.S. contestants only.
Thanks for participating in this week's giveaway. Be sure to stop by every Monday for another great giveaway.
Read Nature Manipulated's giveaway disclaimer.