Who's Behind NM?

My photo
Nature Manipulated (NM) creates visual, wearable and practical art that reflects upon nature and all of its elements. At NM, we believe that everything is a part of nature, some things are just "nature manipulated."

NM specializes in one-of-a-kind handcrafted jewelry, handmade greeting cards, nature photography and other unique accessories.

To read more about who's behind NM, please click here.
join our mailing list
* indicates required

Some of the people who love NM

Grab my button





NM is a Proud Member of the Following Teams

Photobucket

Photobucket

Square Av


Join Artfire

ArtFire - Buy Handmade - Sell Handmade

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Featured Artist/Shop: Beautiful Greetings

It's been a really long time since I featured an artist/shop (actually, its been a long time since I posted anything), but today I was really inspired.
Yesterday afternoon, I decided to start a Buy and Replace on etsy. Unlike many of the BnRs on the site, this one only lists six shops at a time, making it SO much easier to look at all the shops and make friends. So far it's been a blast.
Some time this afternoon, Beautiful Greetings bought into the list. As I do when anyone new joins, I went to her shop, and OH MY GOODNESS! Her greeting cards are incredible. They are absolutely adorable and reasonably priced. I loved them so much I had to feature her.

So here goes the interview with Beautiful Greetings...

1. How would you describe your shop/business?
My shop features handmade greeting cards for most occasions. I love to stamp and watercolor to make each card unique. I am also a glitter-aholic! I make cards in my spare time and am always so excited to make a sale. Each sale is just as exciting as the first!

2. How long have you been making handbags/crafting for?

I have been making greeting cards for 6 years now. It all started when one of my friends asked me to help her with her wedding invitations. Now there is no turning back!

3. How did get into this line of work/hobby?

I decided to make my hobby a business when my brother suggested we sell at a local holiday bazaar. The thrill I received from others enjoying my cards was huge! I decided that I would try my hand online. I have been selling on Etsy for just over 2 months now and I am overjoyed with the response.

4. Where does your inspiration come from? What sorts of things inspire your work?

Penny Black stamps are my inspiration. Her designs are so adorable. I love to use her cute animals, especially hedgehogs, because the stamps are so versatile and always bring a smile.

5. What is your favorite piece? Why?

My favorite piece is my hedgehog and flowers cards. This particular stamp is good for any occasion and he always makes me smile.

6. What do you like to do when you are not crafting?

Besides crafting, I am a stay at home mother of three beautiful, active children. I am also a full time student at Western Governors University, finishing my degree in elementary education. Crafting, school and kids keeps me incredibly busy. Crafting keeps me sane!

7. Are your items available anywhere other than etsy?

You can also find a few of my items at an up and coming philanthropic crafters website called myyard-usa.com. The site is in it's beta release but is going to be fantastic.

Beautiful Greeting's cards can be found at beautifulgreetings.etsy.com
Also, check out her blog at beautifulgreetings.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails