I posted a link last week in the Etsy forums in search of newbies with questions and got an incredible amount of replies. I have questions lined up for the next couple of weeks. I can't wait till we answer them all.
For those of you who are new to "Newbies Ask Their Questions" ... Every week I pick four new Etsy shops (shops opened after October 2007 and with ten or less sales) and have the shop owners ask their Etsy-related or business-related questions. It is up to everybody else to answer them.
PLEASE POST ANSWERS TO THE NEWBIES' QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS.
If you are a new seller or buyer to Etsy and have a question, don't hesitate to post it in the comments. This is meant to be an interactive post.
Here are this week's sellers and their questions...
the girl with a curl
Polyurethane rubber and sterling silver jewelry with a focus on texture, color and all that other yummy art stuff. Artist, Jennifer Wehlacz is inspired by Dr. Seuss, oceanic life, and odd moments in nature.
1. Did you find Etsy's Virtual Labs easy to use?
2. Are they helpful?
Spice of Life Designs
Spice of Life designs very wearable pieces of jewelry. The artist, Megan is currently in love with Ocean Jasper in all its glorious natural colors and patterns.
1. What is the most effective way to advertise for someone who doesn't have a lot of capital?
Sun Basil Garden
Sun Basil Garden creates one of kind soap designs. Artist, Lauren loves simplicity, geometric shapes, and color.
1. How do items appear on the front page of Etsy? Under "Recently Listed Items"?
2. How do you know if your item appeared there?
3. How do you encourage others to explore the world of Etsy?
4. How do you add your store name to your banner?
Gotta Be Me
Gotta Bee Me specializes in decoupaged whimsical childrens decor.
1. Is there a certain day or time that is best for listing new items?
Please post your answers in the comments. Also, join us next week for
Round 4 of "Newbies Ask Their Questions."