For those of you who are new to "Newbies Ask Their Questions" ... Every week I pick four new Etsy shops (shops opened after October 2007 and with ten or less sales) and have the shop owners ask their Etsy-related or business-related questions. It is up to everybody else to answer them.
PLEASE POST ANSWERS TO THE NEWBIES' QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS.
If you are a new seller or buyer to Etsy and have a question, don't hesitate to post it in the comments. This is meant to be an interactive post.
Here are this week's sellers and their questions...
Adele is a recovering cubicle dweller who's stretching her wings and celebrating her freedom via jewelry design.
1. I see people suggesting blogs as a marketing/exposure tool. Is there a suggested location for Etsy blogs?
from me 2 you
Premium handmade candles made using the most refined wax, the richest colors and the finest fragrance oils.
1. What type of liability insurance is needed, if anything, for candle makers? Does anyone have a company they could recommend?
Original jewelry designs, wirework and other creative pursuits
1. How often should I list new items and how many at a time?
You'll find abstract watercolor flowers, recycled magazine collages and graphic mixed media landscapes all hiding in here.
1. Does an art listing with a photograph of said artwork in a mat/frame make you more likely to purchase?
2. Do you appreciate descriptions of the artwork that include the inspiration behind the piece, or do you prefer a concise blurb about the dimension and medium only?
3. When a seller packages items in reused and recylced materials, are you, as the buyer pleased and likely to buy again, or put off by the appearance of the packaging?
4. If you, a fellow seller, package your items in reused and recyled materials, what do you use specifically?
Please post your answers in the comments. Also, join us next week for
Round 6 of "Newbies Ask Their Questions."