Who's Behind NM?

My photo
Nature Manipulated (NM) creates visual, wearable and practical art that reflects upon nature and all of its elements. At NM, we believe that everything is a part of nature, some things are just "nature manipulated."

NM specializes in one-of-a-kind handcrafted jewelry, handmade greeting cards, nature photography and other unique accessories.

To read more about who's behind NM, please click here.
join our mailing list
* indicates required

Some of the people who love NM

Grab my button





NM is a Proud Member of the Following Teams

Photobucket

Photobucket

Square Av


Join Artfire

ArtFire - Buy Handmade - Sell Handmade

Monday, October 13, 2008

How-to Tag for Success on Etsy

In order for potential customers, treasury makers, and Etsy admin to find your items quickly and easily on Etsy, it is essential to tag your items appropriately and effectively. When listing a new item, there are a few questions you should ask yourself:

What words would I type into a search bar to find this item?
Who is the item for?
What color is the item?What adjectives describe your item?
What is it made out of?
What method or technique did you use to make it?
Where will the item be used
What size is it?
What style is it?
What shapes or imagery are on it?
Are there synonyms for your item? (A thesaurus can be helpful!)

Once you choose your main category, make sure you use the remaining thirteen slots with specific and intuitive tags.

Now go reevaluate your tags! Hope this helps!

11 comments:

uniquecommodities said...

Great tips! Thanks!

TiLT said...

nice tips...thanks. I think I'll use your questions with my next listing.

Anonymous said...

ooh, that's helpful, thanks!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Thanks for the advice! I think that would have helped a TON when I was new seller :D You know, with all those wonderful tips you keep coming up with you should have a section on your side bar called "tips and tricks" and add the links to this blog post and all those one's you did awhile ago... Then we'll send all our newbies straight to you! And us too - I still need to go back and catch up on some of your advice posts from awhile ago that I didn't have the time/energy at that point in time to read completely...I have 'em bookmarked :P

Sweet 'n Sassy Baby said...

Thanks for the great info!

storybeader said...

great advice - at first I wasn't using all the tags; then I thought, what the hell! I think admin decided to add a few extra slots!

Anonymous said...

Very helpful. I've not been using my tags to their full potential. Your suggestions will be used in my next listing!

A Keeper's Jackpot said...

Great advice!

Kim Caro said...

there is definitely an art to tagging.

Anonymous said...

Thank NM! You pop in and out with the best information!

TheresaJ said...

Good advice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails