Before soliciting a blogger, there are a few things you should keep in mind when developing your email/letter.
1. Know your target blogs. Do not solicit a blog that does not cover your type of work.
2. Address the editor personally and casually yet in a professional manner. First names are almost always preferred.
3. Keep your correspondence brief but make sure to answer who, what, where and why.
- Who you are
- What you make
- Where your work can be found (provide links)
- Why should they be interested in your work
4. Make sure your shop is full and your photographs look professional. Make note of the type of photographs the blog exhibits. Determine if yours are of similar quality.
5. Write each blogger individually. Do not Cc or Bcc.
Some things you should avoid doing:
1. Over promote yourself
2. Submit the same item twice
3. Attaching large files to your email
There are tons of blogs online dedicated to handmade, fashion, design, DIY and the like. Modish provides a great list of blogs to start off with.
If you are a blogger who accepts suggestions, please tell us what you look for and the best way for artists/designers to approach you.
If you are an artist/designer, please let us now what has worked for you or post your questions.