Susan of Fantasy Clay has been sculpting for approximately 10 years. Her interest was peeked when she found a Klutz book for kids. Susan fell in love with the endless sculpting possibilities and the ability to blend colors and began looking for more books and learning all she could. A big turning point for Susan was reading Dinko Tilov’s book, Creating Magical Creatures. It helped her go beyond making cute stuff and trying out some new ideas.
In the past few years, Susan's clay work has focused on fantasy creatures but other items have mixed in too. Susan's biggest inspiration comes from the colors she mixes. She often feels guided by the clay. After she builds the basics, the characters come out on their own.
To learn more about Susan and her work, you may visit her blog at fantasy-clay.com. She can also be found on facebook and on twitter.
While you are taking a look around Fantasy Clay, take advantage of the special discount Susan is offering Nature Manipulated's readers - 15% off any item with coupon code Natural Fantasy. Limit one use per customer. This special offer ends May 31, 2010.
For a chance to win this week's giveaway:
Mandatory: Visit Fantasy Clay, come back here and post your favorite item and email address in the comments section of this post.
Additional chances to win (leave a separate comment with your email address for each entry):
1) Tweet the giveaway and post a link to your tweet in the comments below - 1 extra entry (once daily)
You may tweet the following: Win a #handmade clay gingham teddy bear from @FantasyClay at http://bit.ly/bnrOHi ~ @NMArt @NMGiveaway #artfire #giveaway
2) Blog about the giveaway and post a link to your blog post in the comments below - 1 extra entry
3) Add one of my ad buttons (left hand sidebar) to your blog or website and post a link to your site in the comments - 1 extra entry
4) Join Nature Manipulated's mailing list (by doing this you agree to receive a monthly newsletter from NM)- 1 extra entry
5) Purchase an item from the featured shop and post a link to the item you purchased (transaction link) - 5 extra entries
ENTRIES WITHOUT CONTACT INFORMATION WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE GIVEAWAY. (Email address, Etsy username and Artfire username accepted. If your Blogger profile links to your email or shop, that is acceptable too. Leave contact info for each entry. Tip: When leaving your email do not use the @ and . symbols, instead spell out AT and DOT.)
Entries for this giveaway will be accepted through Sunday, March 14, 2010, 11:59pm Eastern Time. I will notify the winners via email and the winners will have 48 hours to respond before I choose new winners.
This giveaway is open to contestants worldwide.
Thanks for participating in this week's giveaway. Be sure to stop by every Monday for a great giveaway.
Read Nature Manipulated's giveaway disclaimer.